Allflex, International Brangus® Breeders Association (IBBA), and Neogen GeneSeek have partnered in sponsorship for a promotional Igenity® Brangus® giveaway to target commercial cattlemen who buy Brangus and Brangus-influenced bulls at selected spring sales.
The Igenity Brangus Profile is a DNA evaluation tool for commercial Brangus cattle. Using the profiler, breeders are able to predict maternal, growth and carcass traits and use Brangus-specific indices for confident selection decisions. Igenity Brangus helps producers to understand and manage the potential for animals to perform and transmit traits of economic importance.
The Igenity Brangus giveaway prize consists of 25 free Igenity Brangus Profiles for replacement heifers ($625 Value) and 25 free Allflex tissue sampling units and one Allflex tissue applicator ($100 Value) when a non-member, commercial bull buyer makes a Brangus, Red Brangus™, Ultrablack®, or Ultrared bull purchase at one of the following sales. Qualifying sales were determined based on sale establishment and non-association affiliation.
- Genetix Cattle Plus Range Ready Plus Brangus and Ultra Black Bulls in Navasota, Texas, on Feb. 24
- Tested by Time Sale at Mound Creek Ranch in Leona, Texas, on March 17
- GENETRUST at Suhn Cattle Company in Eureka, Kansas, on March 27
- Southern Excellence Sale at Doguet’s Diamond D Ranch in Poteet, Texas, on April 14
- GENETRUST at Cavender’s Neches River Ranch in Jacksonville, Texas, on April 28
- JLS International Winning Tradition XVI Sale in Devine, Texas, on May 5
Non-member, commercial bull buyers will be entered to win with each Brangus, Red Brangus, Ultrablack, or Ultrared bull purchase at these sales. With each bull purchase, the buyer’s name will be submitted for a chance to be drawn as the giveaway winner. A giveaway winner will be informed and announced following sale transfer completion via IBBA’s electronic communication channels.